Benefits of trees
- Trees clean the air: Trees helps in absorbing odors and pollutant gases such as sulfur dioxide, ozone, nitrogen oxides etc and provide us with fresh air. They offer the most important thing that is fresh air which is the basic need for human to survive. You should not forget that the fresh air reduces the chances of increasing diseases from polluted air.
- Trees provide oxygen: why is oxygen importance to us? Oxygen is life. I hope, you understand what importance of oxygen is for survival. The only resource of Oxygen is tree. Oxygen for 18 people can be provided in one year by an acre of mature trees.
Trees cool the streets and the city: Trees cool the streets and the cities by their shade and evaporation from the leaf surface cool the city further by up to 10F. Hence they are called the natural air conditioners.
- Trees Active lifestyles: Trees helps in improving health as they strongly encourage people to go to parks or in green environment for walking, exercising, jogging or biking which helps them reduce obesity and keeps them fit.
- Raise property value: Homes with more trees or having green ambience in surroundings tend to have higher property value than those without trees, because it decreases pollution and have fresh air around which attracts people more.
- Trees shield from ultra-violet rays: Ultraviolet rays are very harmful for anyone and can cause the most common form of cancer i.e. skin cancer. Trees help in protecting from ultra-violet rays as they reduce UV-B exposure by about 50%.
- Trees provide food: Trees provide food for human beings and also for birds and wildlife. You can plant fruit trees like an apple tree which does not take much space and can be easily planted on the tiniest urban lot. It yields up to 15-20 bushels per year.
- Trees heal: According to studies, people with green ambience out their windows heal faster and with less difficulty or complications. So planting trees around or outside your house can not only help you prevent from visiting doctors more often but also heals you naturally.
REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING
The Outrageous Impact of Greenhouse Effect
When trees are cut down, the stored carbon dioxide will be released in the environment and cause depletion of the ozone layer. Trapped heat inside the earth’s atmosphere due to lack of oxygen, rises the temperature and causes uncertain climatic changes, which sometimes result in catastrophes for the humankind. Carbon dioxide, which is a major greenhouse gas and participates with a huge fifteen percent in the global greenhouse amount, comes one third by human activities and rest from animals and nature itself. Trees balance this act by taking all the carbon dioxide and converting it into oxygen, which works as a lifeline for the humans as well as for the animals.